7 natural remedies for acne & pimples ••
Pimples are an unfortunate part of most people’s lives. We all go through it at some point but what do you do when you can’t seem to get rid of them?
Sometimes those expensive creams just don’t work, because there are many different things that can cause pimples, so you need to treat the reason for the pimples in order to see long lasting result, not just continue treating the pimples themselves.
In fact, pimple creams have even been known to make the problem worse in some cases. If you’re sick of the spots and ready to see a difference, read these seven natural home remedies to treat pimples and see longer lasting results:
1. Ice cubes: Ice is a good remedy if you want fast results, especially for those really big bumps. It can improve blood circulation and remove dirt and oil in the skin. Make sure you wrap the ice in a cloth before holding it to your skin, so it doesn’t burn you.
2. Ice cubes and toothpaste: Our next one of home remedies for pimples is especially good, if you’re really in a hurry to see results: apply some toothpaste straight on your pimple, following the ice remedy. You’ll need to leave it on for at least half an hour to be effective though, so you don’t need to do it multiple times in the day, if you have things to do.
3. Lemon juice (fresh, not bottled): Fresh lemon juice can help your pimples dry up faster, so if you’ve got oily skin, this may work for you. Apply lemon juice right on top of your pimple with a cotton swab before bed time (don’t apply it all over your face) and then, wash off gently in the morning.
4. Honey: Honey is one of nature’s miracles and one of the good home remedies for pimples and acne! It is a natural antibiotic, so if you’ve got sore, scratchy pimples, it can speed up the healing process. Leave it on your pimple for half an hour before washing off with warm water and dabbing dry with a towel.
5. Yogurt and honey: If your skin is very dry and at the same you have pimples, making a little face mask of yogurt with a bit of honey is a really good way to relieve it. This will give you all the health benefits of honey and the yogurt will reduce the pain and leave your skin feeling soft.
6. Steam: Home remedies for pimples and acne also include steam. If clogged pores are your problem, steam is a really good remedy that will open them up and help get rid of oils, dirt and bacteria deep within. Just fill a container with hot water and hold it under your face for a few minutes at a time, two or three times a day.
7. Coconut oil: Coconut oil is another good way to clean and hydrate the face deep within without throwing off your skin’s natural balance. Coconut oil has wonderful antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-frugal properties and can do wonders for your skin!